Due to its growing importance, Portland Advisers covers the Renewable Energy sector in its broadest sense, including power generation from all sources of renewable and sustainable sources / feed-stocks such as wind, solar, landfill methane gas, small hydro, biomass, waste-to-energy schemes and biofuel generation plants.
Geographic spread takes in all of Europe including Central & Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Asia (including China) and Africa.
Our services include:
- Structuring of finance plans for both greenfield and operating projects including detailed financial modelling;
- Compilation / drafting of business plans in preparation for investor / lender presentation;
- Drafting of term sheets, project information memorandum and any other supporting material in order to aid and prepare for the negotiation process with potential lenders;
- Providing support in negotiation of project contracts in order to raise finance on a non-recourse or limited recourse basis;
- Coordination of all lending activities (due diligence, closing and satisfaction of conditions precedent);
- Optimising (refinancing) the capital structures of IPPs in the ‘green’ spectrum;
- Structure and introduce products such as mezzanine debt, preference shares, etc adding value for the existing capital providers; and
- ECA/Agency/Government advisory
In the current more restrictive lending environment, further emphasis is placed on maintaining financing flexibility during the structuring and lender due diligence phases in order to achieve financial close within the time limits set by the client.
Funding options, depending on the project’s location, the respective regulatory and support system for various ÒgreenÓ generation methods (feed in tariffs versus market based green certificates) will include a wide variety of sources including commercial banks, multilateral lending agencies (ADB, EIB, EBRD), bilateral development banks / agencies (DEG, FMO) and, to a lesser extent, export credit agencies and political risk insurers.
For smaller transactions, which are common in the Renewable Energy sector, leasing and vendor finance options subject to commercial attractiveness and availability, are also a common financing source.
Contact for Renewables
Klaus Frietsch | +44 (0)20 7183 8394 | email@example.com