Energy & Mining
Portland Advisers covers the energy and mining sector in its broadest sense, including power generation, electricity transmission, refining, petrochemicals, LNG, mining and metals. Geographic spread takes in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Our services include:
- Financing of greenfield projects
- Negotiation of project contracts and development of financing plan
- Structuring, negotiation and securing of non-recourse and limited-recourse project finance
- Coordination of all lending activities (due diligence, closing and satisfaction of conditions precedent)
- ECA/Agency/Government advisory
In the current environment, added emphasis is placed on maintaining financing flexibility during the structuring and lender due diligence phases leading up to financial close. Funding options, dependent on the project’s location, take in a wide variety of sources including commercial banks, multilateral lending agencies (World Bank, ADB, AfDB, EIB), bilateral lending agencies, export credit agencies and political risk insurers.
Portland’s Energy & Mining team acted as financial advisor on GDF Suez’s successful bids for the $1.6bn Barka 3 and Sohar 2 IPPs in the Sultanate of Oman which was voted Middle East Deal of the Year 2010 by Project Finance International.
Contact for Energy & Mining
Geoff Knox | +44 (0)20 7183 8387 | firstname.lastname@example.org