Portland Advisers is a financial advisory boutique bringing together banking and advisory professionals who have extensive experience in their respective markets. We provide expert, value-added advice on all aspects of the financing of infrastructure, energy and mining, and telecoms projects.
- Social, Transport and other Infrastructure includes, inter alia, schools, hospitals, police/fire stations, social housing and regeneration, waste schemes, roads, rail, bridges, water infrastructure investments
- Energy includes conventional power plants (gas/coal/oil), oil & gas (upstream midstream downstream), mining & metals
- Renewable Energy includes wind, solar (PV and thermal), biomass, small hydro, landfill gas, waste-to-energy, biofuels
- Mining includes copper, tin, nickel, bauxite (aluminium ore), iron ore, gold, silver, and diamonds
- Telecoms fixed, wireless, cable and satellite infrastructure
- Sports Stadia outdoor stadia, indoor arenas and multipurpose event facilities
The scope of our assignments varies from the provision of specific advice on narrowly-defined financing issues to the delivery of a full-service financial advisory proposition for complex, multi-lender financings of greenfield projects.
We pride ourselves on being at the forefront of financing developments, providing tailored, high quality advice from senior professionals based on the latest industry and financial market dynamics.
We like to create a close working relationship with each of our clients through integration with their own project teams and through regular and clear communication. With a pragmatic and pro-active approach to our engagements, our advice is given from a truly independent perspective ensuring unbiased, optimal solutions for all our clients’ financing needs. The need for such an independent view on raising funding has never been greater than with the advent of the global financial crisis which has resulted in a steep reduction in bank lending capacity and more onerous terms and conditions.